Our Trading Foundations Programme is simply what we wished was available when we started trading. Designed for forex, commodity, and equity traders in their first year it’ll help you take control of your trading, significantly cut your learning curve, and help your development into a consistent trader.
Once complete, you’ll be starting to confidently trade your own capital using a prudent trend-following approach, have a unique trading plan created around your needs put together with an experienced trader, be identifying a flow of regular trading opportunities, and, most importantly, possess the knowledge to make decisions for yourself.
There are three elements to the Programme, the first is the course delivered through a series of 1-on-1 zoom sessions with our Head Tutor Phillip Konchar. You are in complete control, schedule these at a pace that suits you and we’ll make sure they are delivered at the right pace for your experience. You’ll be mentored directly by an experienced trader and educator, with a 100% focus on developing your trading skillset.
The overall objective is to teach you and get you consistently applying our trend-following trading approach, called Building the Evidence.
We start by making sure your basic knowledge of several fundamental concepts is up to scratch, go over our ten golden trading rules and go through your trading setup to make sure it is optimal for the Programme and beyond.
We’ll then take a deep dive into all the key facets of trading needed to apply the approach, including fundamental analysis, trend identification, support & resistance, candlestick patterns, price patterns, market stages, and indicators. We’ll build your knowledge of each one from the ground up, show you how they feed into different strategies, and ultimately how they fit into your trading plan.
At the approach’s core is the acceptance that trading can be risky, that you are new to it and that you are human – you will make mistakes – for this reason, we place a premium on making sure your risk management skills are sound.
Running throughout the Programme is the development of your trading plan. This is an important document that brings consistency to your performance. The sessions are structured so as to develop this with you as we go, fitting it to your objectives and situation.
There is no one-size-fits-all in trading. Over decades of trading and teaching it, we’ve found you increase your chances of success if you fit your timeframe, the markets traded, products, strategy, and process to your lifestyle and demands. We’ll help you get these decisions right through this planning process.
Finally, we’ll focus on the practical aspects of applying what you’ll discover. We will go through a range of useful tools and how to find a flow analysis and trade ideas, no matter your trading timeframe.
After each 1-on-1 session, you will be asked to complete additional assignments and practice what has been taught.
Full MYTS Community Access
This is our advanced analysis and broadcast platform, as a Programme member, you will get full access for 90 days. This is a fantastic opportunity to see what you’ve learned in the course – the analysis, the entry techniques, the position sizing – applied to live markets, day in day out by experienced traders.
With your membership of the MYTS Community, you can immerse yourself in trading and choose a level of interaction that suits you.
The Follow Up Session
The final element of the Programme is a 1-on-1 follow-up session with Phillip at least a month after the course has completed. This is for you to check-in, we’ll compare how you are trading against your plan and help you set your future objectives.
- Our Building the Evidence trend-following trading approach.
- A set of clear rules all traders should observe.
- How to get your trading set-up optimal, so you can focus on finding opportunities.
- How several layers of analysis combine to find good probability setups.
- Several practical trading strategies, within the wider approach.
- How to use a range of technical, fundamental, and sentiment analysis techniques.
- How to identify and measure the trend.
- How to use price pattern identification to find setups.
- How to use candlestick patterns to time trade entries and exits.
- Clear rules on risk and money management.
- How to find a regular flow of analysis and trade ideas.
- How to write a detailed trading plan (we’ll do this with you).
- How to set reasonable expectations when trading.
- How to apply what is taught in a live trading environment.
- How to stay on track.
Phillip Konchar authored the course and will take all the 1-on-1 sessions with you. He is an expert in technical analysis and its application in margin trading.
He is Head Tutor at My Trading Skills, for over a decade and a half he has provided trading education for major brokerages and prop trading houses in London and Dublin.
We (My Trading Skills) are an award-winning, CPD accredited provider of online education for individuals wanting to learn about the financial markets, private trading, and how to start doing it themselves using their own capital. Our courses have helped 1,000s of people approach trading in a rational, balanced manner.
Included in the one-off cost are the following deliverables:
- A 1-on-1 45 minute welcome discussion to help us tailor the course to your experience.
- A maximum of three 1-on-1 zoom sessions each lasting approximately 90 minutes (up to a total over the three sessions of 5 hours).
- A follow-up zoom session lasting a maximum of 45 minutes a month after the course completes.
- Each session is recorded, these will be available shortly after your session completes and will be available for 90 days.
- Your own unique trading plan, tailored to your preferences.
- 90 days access to the MYTS trading community, starting on the day of purchase.
- Trade journal templates and two quick reference guides.
In between each session you will be set assignments, what these are and how long they take is down to your experience and how we’ve tailored the course. We recommend putting aside 3-4 hours between sessions for this.
At a push, we can deliver the 1-on-1 welcome and 3x course sessions in a week but this isn’t typical.
We also recommend you make full use of your MYTS Community access, this contains hours of live market analysis broadcast every day.
We also ask that you complete a short questionnaire once signed up so we can start to plan your Programme.
You will also have access to the MYTS Community, which you can start using immediately.
- The 1-on-1 sessions are delivered on Zoom, so students can take the live course on desktop, mobile, or tablet. Zoom sessions are recorded.
- The MYTS Community platform is available on desktop but not mobile.