First up, let’s manage your expectations, this is not a get rich quick scheme, a secret formula or a ‘copy me and do zero work’ type of programme. Sorry for being blunt, but this is for committed individuals wanting to learn a set of established skills to use when trading their own capital.
This Programme is at its most beneficial when you’re at the start of, or in your first year of trading. We’ll teach you a clear, structured approach, develop your understanding of key cornerstone trading skills and do it in a way that builds your confidence to a level where you can apply them in live markets. We’ll do all this in a supportive, unpressured and encouraging environment.
It’ll take a few weeks, studying part-time, to complete. At this point, you will:
- Be starting to identify opportunities in the markets using sound technical and fundamental analysis techniques
- Use a trading plan which you’ll have put together with the help of an expert
- Be controlling your exposure to these opportunities so if they don’t play out, you’re not risking your trading business, and
- Be clear-eyed, confident and positive about your trading ability
To achieve this, we’ve developed a Programme that combines 3-steps:
- A focused live course run over 2 half-days (on zoom, over two weekends)
- A 1-on-1 online study session with your tutor Phillip Konchar
- 30 days of MYTS Community membership
Step 1: Live Trading Foundations Course
This first stage of the Programme is a course run over two half-days on successive weekends, with students expected to complete additional work following each session.
- Our Building the Evidence trend-following trading approach.
- A set of clear rules all traders should observe.
- How to get your trading set-up optimal, so you can focus on finding opportunities.
- How several layers of analysis combine to find good probability setups.
- Several practical trading strategies, within the wider approach.
- How to use a range of technical, fundamental and sentiment analysis techniques.
- How to use price pattern identification to find setups.
- How to use candlestick patterns to time trade entries and exits.
- Clear rules on risk and money management.
- How to prepare and implement a detailed trading plan.
- How to set reasonable expectations of your trading.
- How to apply what is taught in a live trading environment.
You’ll also receive two quick reference guides and a pack of course materials.
Over the two half-day sessions, delivered over Zoom, we’ll be taking you through 8 lessons.
Your Trading Setup
In the first lesson, we’ll introduce the Programme, how we’re going to achieve its objectives and explain what is expected of you to achieve this.
We’ll go through the 10 Golden Trading Rules all new traders should follow – these act as the framework for the trading approach we’re teaching, go into the markets the course will help you trade and give you some clarity around the products you’ll likely end up using.
We’ll finish by going through brokers and how best to set yourself up to get the most out of the Programme.
Set up is often neglected, with a few important choices right at the start we’re going to help you avoid some expensive headaches later on.
Concepts & Leverage
You can’t trade unless you have clarity on a handful of concepts and, more importantly, how they apply in trading.
We’re not going to bombard you with every trading term under the sun but in order for you to get the most out of the course, we are going take you through the important ones.
We’ll finish the lesson explaining leverage, probably the most misunderstood aspect of margin trading. You’ll get a really good appreciation of how leverage can work for you and how to use it at your stage of development (Hint: you need to actively control it if you’re a beginner).
Analysis & Timing
We’re going to show you how to take a holistic view of the market by using sentiment, fundamental and technical analysis.
The trading approach we’re teaching you doesn’t rely on just one type of analysis, instead, it takes insights from all three, building up layers of evidence to find the best trade setups.
The bulk of the lesson is focused on Fundamental analysis and a key tool for traders – the Economic Calendar. We’re going to show you how to correctly interpret economic announcements for the asset class you are trading.
We’ll finish by introducing the first strategy of the course: a volatility breakout using fundamental analysis.
In the fourth lesson, we’re going to get into the details of technical analysis.
We’re going to look at support and resistance, trends, channels and how this links through into two strategies: the Trend Flow strategy and the Momentum Breakout strategy.
Price Action Trading
In the first lesson of the second half-day, we’re going to introduce you to a range of price patterns.
These are medium-term repeatable patterns in the price action of a market you can use to find trades, set stop losses and set profit targets.
Trade Entry & Exit Confirmations
In this lesson, we’re showing you how to use candlestick patterns to identify time trade entries, exits and measure stop loss distances.
Again, we’ll take you through from theory to applicable trading strategy in a live market.
Indicators & Money Management
This lesson is split into three parts. First, we’re going to introduce several important technical indicators including moving averages to confirm the trend, and stochastics to find overbought and oversold markets.
Second, we’re going to spend some time on market stages. These are and how the psychological makeup of market participants changes over time and its impact on price.
The third part focuses on risk and money management. We’re going to show you how to position size relative to the risk you’re taking on a trade, using the underlying volatility of the market.
Trading Plan, Putting It All Together
The final lesson of the course pulls everything taught so far together. We’ll show you the practical application of all previous lessons in real-time, including identification of key trading levels and trade setups.
We’ll help you compile your trading plan, in including rules on entries, exits and risk management.
January’s sessions will be run at 9.30 am GMT on Saturday 30th and Saturday 6th February.
If you miss a session, the recording will be available shortly after.
Step 2: 1-on-1 Expert Access
The second element of the Programme is a 1-on-1 coaching session (online) with MYTS Head Tutor Phillip Konchar to help you with your trading plan, discuss your progress and to go over any areas of the course you need help understanding.
This is in addition to full support throughout the Programme, from Phillip and our dedicated student support team.
Step 3: MYTS Community Membership
See what you’ve learned in the course – the analysis, the entry techniques, the position sizing – applied to live markets. We host twice daily (yes, two a day) broadcasts by experienced traders in the MYTS Community, Starting from the moment you enrol in the Programme, you will get full access for at least 30 days.
With your membership of the MYTS Community, you can immerse yourself in trading and choose a level of interaction that suits you.
- The live course is delivered on Zoom, so students can take the live course on desktop, mobile, or tablet. Zoom sessions are recorded and can be accessed if you miss a session.
- The 1-on-1 coaching session can be done on Zoom or Skype, just let us know what suits you when arranging it.
- The MYTS Community platform is available on desktop but not mobile.
- New margin traders.
- Experienced traders wanting to learn a trend-following approach.
However, you can choose not to engage with one or more of the elements and the programme will still be hugely rewarding, the choice is yours.